Five Canberra businesses have been awarded funding of $203,050 in the recent round of the Innovation Connect (ICon) program.
Innovation Connect is the ACT Government’s flagship innovation program which has provided funding to support and encourage Canberra’s start-up entrepreneurs since 2008.
The program provides valuable early stage funding of up to $50,000 to enable businesses to prove their innovative concepts and encourage them to progress through to commercialisation.
Many successful ACT businesses received their first big break through Innovation Connect funding and more than $4 million has now been awarded to 152 grant recipients.
As the first of a suite of programs available to support innovation in the ACT, the funding provides the recipients with a level of confidence when embarking on their journey to commercialisation.
The latest successful applicants and their projects are:
- HLS Vehicle Customisations – “Conrod – Apps for Your Car”, a customisable vehicle performance monitoring and control device.
- Questagame – “Questagame Groups Portal”, a mobile adventure game allowing potential clients to engage their stakeholders in the monitoring and protection of biodiversity.
- Health Innovate – “Health Innovate”, an online marketplace for health innovations.
- Hact Pty Ltd – “Hact.io”, an online platform for 10 – 17 year olds that fosters an on-going engagement with digital enabled technologies.
- Coachlive – “CoachLive”, a set of internet connected sensors and associated support for improving the performance of rowing athletes and coaches alike.
Further information on the Innovation Connect program is available at www.business.act.gov.au/icon